Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

XRay document generator mapping of batch issues

Hi everyone.

I'm building a testing model with XRay, with test plan, test cases, excecutions, etc. I'm a bit lost with the document generator.

I know the basics of how it works, but since I have almost no coding knowledge I'm having a hard time building my template.

I need to make an excel report which extract specific info from a bug issue, most likely using a lot of custom fields.

I have my excel file with the columns that need to be mapped to the custom field.

I know that if I put $fieldName in a cell, it would put the info of that field in that cell. My problem is that I need to put all issues on such report.

So my approach is this: I create a filter in JIRA that shows me all the bugs, and with that list I click on the XRay icon, export it to my template and I download the file, but I only see the first issue in the first row.

What would be the code needed to populate as much rows as bugs are present on that list?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

Hi @Diego De Carlo 

The templates need to be built for the purpose they are going to be used.

Some templates are build to export information from a single issue; others are build to list several issues.

Please check the document generator for details.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com).

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

174 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you