XRay: Test step evidence does not show as Test Execution attachment

marco.prattichizzo February 18, 2021

When executing a manual test as part of a test execution, if a screenshot is added as test step evidence, the screenshot does not appear listed as test execution attachment.

Is there any way to make this happen? It would help a lot so it would make possible to download all test step evidence of the test execution in one operation (Download all attachments)

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hi @marco.prattichizzo 

It is possible to add attachments to the steps and view them in the execution.

Please follow these steps:

1. Add the files as attachments:1-addattach.jpg
  2. Add attachments to the steps2-addsteps.jpg
  3. View the attachments in the execution3-execsteps.jpg

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Robert Fernandez February 24, 2022

I can attach an image to Actual Results or Evidence as an attachment and if I click on it I can see the image of that file.

However I cannot see that image in the Attachments column or the Defects or Evidence columns when the report is exported to a Word Doc. It will just show the name of the attached document e.g. in the evidence column.

How does one get the image to show/display the actual picture attached in the final execution report that is exported to Word.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

Hi @Robert Fernandez 

It should be necessary to use the function html or the wiki to show the image. Please check the documentation page about these functions and how to use them:

https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/Wiki+Markup%2C+HTML+and+Links

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events