XRay - Jenkins pipeline support

Ludovic Cintrat May 11, 2018

Hi,

Is it planned to support Jenkins pipeline through XRay Jenkins plugin?

Also, is the source code for the XRay Jenkins plugin available somewhere? It would be convenient in order to configure the plugin (e.g. XrayInstance/ServerConfiguration; for the moment we have to inspect the .class files...) from Jenkins Groovy initialization (init.groovy.d)

Best regards,

Ludovic

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2018

Hi Ludovic,

Currently it does not have support for pipeline, but we have plans to include this in the next release of the Jenkins plugin.
We have this Improvement already reported in our backlog, here.
Regarding the source code, we're sorry but it is not available. 

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

Ludovic Cintrat May 14, 2018

Thank you José!

Diamantino Campos August 14, 2018

Hi Ludovic, 

Xray Jenkins plugin now supports Jenkins pipeline.

Best Regards,

Diamantino Campos

Like Ludovic Cintrat likes this
Ludovic Cintrat August 15, 2018

Thank you for the news Diamantino.

vishnu s s September 25, 2018

Hi,

can we have a groovy script for Jira-Xray server configuration for Jenkins xray plugin . As of now we configure the jiraurl,username and pwd in Jenkins/configure page UI. Since xray plugin source code is not available , can you provide a groovy script to automate the configuration part.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Xavier Fernandes November 13, 2018

Hello Vishnu,

please check the following documentation

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAY/Integration+with+Jenkins

In this Documentation you will find some script examples.

But most importantly, I recommend you to use the Jenkins Snippet Generator. This generator will allow you to automatically generate your step script using the interface.

You will find an example on how to automatically generate your script at the end of the documentation page.

Best regards,

Xavier Fernandes.

4 votes
Pedro October 18, 2018

Would be nice to get the response of the pipeline execution as result of the pipeline in order to get the created issue/s.

Example:

def result = [$class: 'XrayImportBuilder',
                    endpointName: '/junit',
                    fixVersion: 'A',
                    importToSameExecution: 'true',
                    projectKey: 'B',
                    serverInstance: 'XX-XX',
                    testEnvironments: 'C',
                    testPlanKey: 'D',
                    importFilePath: 'junit.xml']

echo result

And then get the json result like you can see in the log execution:

{"testExecIssue":{"id":"13699","key":"DEV-1067","self":"http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/issue/13699"}}

edt82 July 2, 2019

I need this too. 

I'm struggling to find out how I can capture stdout from any jenkins step apart from the 'sh' step.

I need to import my gherkin test from git, then export them back to the slave to execute. However the export api requires a filter id or issue-key list. I only want to export the tests from the import step.

Any ideas?

So far the only workaround I see is to tag all your scenarios with an identifier and have a pre-canned JQL filter on that identifier.

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2019

Hi,

One way to easily integrate your automated tests is by using the JUnit XML output of your test runner.

We have some simple yet detailed tutorials explaining how to integrate several testing frameworks used in some programming languages, so you can see how automated tests are mapped from your code to Jira. I will leave it here

You can learn more about how JUnit reports are used with Xray in here.

If you still struggle with this issue, we think it's better for you to create a support ticket with us in order to have the best technical support!

Best regards,
Xray Team

Tiffany Viley May 14, 2020

Hi, 

I need to get this information too.

I see in my logs that the plugin return the response below : 

{"testExecIssue":{"id":"1180614","key":"xxxx-3056","self":"https://xxxxxx/rest/api/2/issue/1180614"}}

To update my new test execution (in the next stage) I need to get the key of this response. 

There is any update since the last answer (07/15/2019) ? 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

pavithraa_suji May 23, 2020

How to link the Test cases to a user story via jenkins.

Tiffany Viley May 25, 2020

Hello pavithraa_suji, 

Maybe you can use Jira Plugin, try to update your Jira in pipeline with this function : 

jiraEditIssue
 You have some example in this link : https://jenkinsci.github.io/jira-steps-plugin/steps/issue/jira_edit_issue/ 

# Look at IssueInput class for more information.
def testIssue = [fields: [ project: [id: '10000'],
summary: 'New JIRA Created from Jenkins.',
description: 'New JIRA Created from Jenkins.',
issuetype: [id: '3']]]

response = jiraEditIssue idOrKey: 'TEST-01', issue: testIssue, site: 'LOCAL'

echo response.successful.toString()
echo response.data.toString()

replace "TEST-01" by the id of your user story, and add your field to link the test case (try with :

issuelink : [name: 'TestCaseID-01']

but i'm not sure ).

Hope it helps !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events