XRAY: Unable to see Epic link while pulling out a report of tests.

Kanika Goyal September 10, 2020

I want to pull out a report for a epic.

1. While I extract Test Coverage and see filters. I do not find Epic Link. However, Epic Name, Epic Color and Epic Status are available.
2. While I extract Test List for a particular epic. Again I do not see Epic Link column. 

Could the team look into it and provide a link to Epic Link.

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2020

Hi @Kanika Goyal

About your questions, we will need more details to understand which Test Coverage and Test List you are extracting and how you are doing that, so we can analyze the Epic Link information that is missing. I suggest you contact us directly at our Service Desk.
Additionally, please check here all information about Xray Reporting.

Best Regards,

Sérgio Freire,

Solution Architect and Testing Advocate @Xray

Personal blog on testing, Agile, and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

hugo_campbell January 29, 2021

@Sergio Freire - Xblend I have exactly the same problem. On my dashboard, whenever I try to use the Epic Link field for a gadget (e.g. Tests List or Overall Test Coverage) the Epic Link does not appear. In the case of Tests List the column does not even appear; in the case of Overall Test Coverage when I try to group by Epic Link only one group ("None") is shown.

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hi @hugo_campbell ,

At first sight, if I got it right, showing the Epic Link on a gaget showing Test issues doesn't make sense (as the Epic link should be in the Story issue I guess).

In the Overall Coverage Report, there's an improvement request in our backlog for it; please review it and vote on it so the team can track your interest on it.

I would recommend to reach out our support team so they can help out, in case you have further doubts/questions.

Regards,

Sergio

hugo_campbell February 1, 2021

Hello @Sergio Freire - Xblend

Thank you for your response. Although our Epic Links are linked to our Story issues, some of our tests are specific to some Stories that are also specific to some Epic Links. That's why mapping this relation is useful for our organization.

I tried to vote for the improvement request but it seems that the link is broken. Could you resend it please?

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Hugo.

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2021

@hugo_campbell  not sure what happenened.

Anyway, here is the URL: https://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAY-1406 

Regards,

Sergio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events