XRAY - Test cases with links to often-repeated tasks

smallsteve January 28, 2020

My company is about to move us away from our existing tool and onto XRAY / Jira. As such, I need to understand whether our particular test case layout, will correctly port-over.

Our current tool allows for links to other tests within each test step of a test case, which is useful for oft-repeated tasks e.g. logon to UI. These linked tests themselves, may have their own links to other tests e.g. configure workstation to point at server-X. Think of it like a software program, which calls subroutines and functions.

I wonder if the above layout is going to be possible using XRAY? I have been searching around for a couple of hours now and I can only find references to sub-tasks, but I am not sure this is the same thing. I also note that sub-tasks themselves cannot hold further sub-tasks, which seemingly closes-out that line of investigation.

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2020

Hi @smallsteve

To help you with your set up, we need to have more information about what you really need, so please contact us through our Service Desk. 

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events