Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

XRAY - Test cases with links to often-repeated tasks

My company is about to move us away from our existing tool and onto XRAY / Jira. As such, I need to understand whether our particular test case layout, will correctly port-over.

Our current tool allows for links to other tests within each test step of a test case, which is useful for oft-repeated tasks e.g. logon to UI. These linked tests themselves, may have their own links to other tests e.g. configure workstation to point at server-X. Think of it like a software program, which calls subroutines and functions.

I wonder if the above layout is going to be possible using XRAY? I have been searching around for a couple of hours now and I can only find references to sub-tasks, but I am not sure this is the same thing. I also note that sub-tasks themselves cannot hold further sub-tasks, which seemingly closes-out that line of investigation.

TIA

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @smallsteve

To help you with your set up, we need to have more information about what you really need, so please contact us through our Service Desk. 

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

79 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you