XRAY Cloud - How to get defects/bugs from test plan

diogo_rito-CTR August 27, 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to use the gadjet from JIRA "Created vs. Resolved Chart" so I have a clear view of the turnaround time of the resolution of the bugs. Although I am not able to return the defects/bugs based upon a JQL to support this chart.

My query would be something like: project = ABC AND issuetype = Bug and issue in testPlan(ABC)

But for this I'm receiving the error: Unable to find JQL function 'testPlan(ABC)'.

Is there anything needs to be activated/configured on JIRA to support this function or it's not possible on cloud version?

I know there's the "Test Plan Metrics" that returns some of the info but I would like to have a single dashboard showing all the information.

Thank you for the support

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @diogo_rito-CTR

Welcome to the community!

One way we solved your issue was with eazybi reporting which is a plugin.  You can easily create reports where it shows test plans and the related bugs.

Link: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/xray-test-management

Give it a try and feel free to contact them as they provide excellent support.

diogo_rito-CTR August 28, 2022

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Thank you for reaching out. I was looking into eazyBi documentation and pricing. 

seems it would require extra licenses right? 
Plus , seems the reports generated are within a new tab for this plugin and I was looking for most standard as possible and without extra cost. 

Using xRay functions on cloud is a limitation? I am referring to the errors I’ve got on the JQL

Thank you once again

kind regards

DR

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events