Writing Files from Jira

Kym Charlesworth April 19, 2021

We have AWS Service Catalog AWS Service Management Connector for Jira Service Management.

Foe EC2 instances in the Service Catalog, one of the fields returned is the IP address. We have noticed that an RDP file just consists of two lines:

auto connect:i:1
full address:s:10.10.10.252

We would like to create a temp RDP file and attach that in the Jira completion email to the requestor.

Can the RDP file be created (we also have ScriptRunner) within the overall Jira process?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi Kym,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that it is not possible to write a temp file inside of Jira Cloud with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud as Atlassian does provide any access to the filesystem inside of Jira Cloud and that ScriptRunenr for Jira Cloud can only interact with Jira with the Rest API's which Atlassian provides.

However, I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can call external API's and systems such as AWS if the external system provides a Rest API to access it and we have details of how to call external systems located in the Knowledge Base Article here which explains how to do this.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders