Wrap table transform around table filter and/or table pivot

soumaya mauthoor March 16, 2021

I use the table filter and charts add-on. I need to do three things:

1. Pivot the table to calculate totals
  2. Filter the columns by a category
  3. Calculate the proportion

Steps 1 and 2 are easy using  a pivot table and table filter. To calculate the proportion I can use a table transform. However if I wrap a table transform around ta pivot table or filter they are essentially ignored. I tried using a table excerpt so that I can wrap a table excerpt include with a table transform to calculate the proportion but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Hi @soumaya mauthoor ,

As you didn't provide any screenshots, I tried to recreate your case with a simple table.

In the first variant I used the Chart from Table macro to visualize the proportion of your categories:

Tue 1-1.png

Here is the pivot where I aggregate the data:

Tue 1-2.png

Here is the Table Filter macro where I continue to work only with the Android and Apple categories:

Tue 1-3.png

And, finally, the Chart from Table macro allows me to visualize the proportion easily:

Tue 1-4.png

For the second variant I chose your option and used the Table Transformer macro instead of the Chart from Table macro:

Tue 1-5.png

The first steps are the same, so here are the Table Transformer macro settings:

Tue 1-6.png

Tue 1-7.png

SELECT T1.'Android', T1.'Apple',
T1.'Android'*100/T1.'Total' AS '%Android',
T1.'Apple'*100/T1.'Total' AS '%Apple'
FROM T*

Tue 1-8.png

Hope this helps your case.

If you still have any questions, please, attach your screenshots here or raise a support ticket.

soumaya mauthoor March 16, 2021

Thanks for the quick response! I also changed the options so that I can see the source table which allows me to change the filter :-)

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events