Work logs in Jira are displayed incorrectly in my Time Sheet Report

Amit Kumar January 7, 2013

We are using JIRA TimeSheet Plugin(version 2.3.9) in our jira instance (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin)

Work logs on an issue in jira are displayed one day after in time sheet report.

Suppose I have logged my work in jira issue on Tuesday but the time sheet report display the same worklog on the next day i.e. Wednesday.

11 answers

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

You should probably ask separate question with timepo tag or addon-com.synergyapps.plugins.jira.timepo-time

0 votes
Mandeep Singh March 17, 2017

HI link shared is for timesheet report gadget . I am talking about inbuilt report with name of timepo user time sheet report .

I will explain my problem once again . I logged my work and checked the report from 1st to 18th March - Hours punched in for 17th March was shown in previous day but when I changed the date range from 13th to 18th Mar, hours punched for 17th Mar was shown in 17th Mar itself . My JIRA version is 6.4.2 . Please help.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

Hi Mandeep,

Have you seen http://www.jiratimesheet.com/wiki/Multiple_Time_Zones.html yet, does it help?

Thank you.

0 votes

I am also facing the same issue

0 votes
Aram Karapetyan June 30, 2014

Hi Andrly, just figured out. Had to group by Worked User. Now it's fine.

Hi

What do you mean by "group by worked user" . I am also facing the same problem . Please share the detailed steps to fix this issue . My JIRA version  is 6.4.2

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2017

Hi Mandeep,

Please see Group by option in report or gadget configuration, there is Worked User option.

Thank you.

0 votes

In our case work log got assigned to somebody else. Actually in timesheet it's assigned to the assignee of the ticket. Now I'm having hard time retrieving timesheet. Can somebody tell how to get correct timeshet from jira?

The scenario is folowwing: Ticket was assigned to somebody who did his work but got sick or switched to more importan task. Afterwards second person took over and logged his work. And now timesheet shows work logged by first person unders the person who took over the task.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2014

Hi Aram,

Do you use group by Assignee? Can you please provide screenshot?

Thank you.

Hi Andriy, just figured out. Had to group by Worked User. Now it's fine. Thank you

0 votes
qits April 21, 2014

Excellent. Please let me know when it is fixed.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Version 2.7.9.2 with the fix is out!

qits May 12, 2014

Good fix. Resolves the date issue with downloads. Thnx!

0 votes
qits April 21, 2014

Hi Andriy, the download does do something with the date as I have to format the column to "short date". I have tried other formats, including time - time is always 00:00 (see below screenshot):

Other reports downloaded from Jira do not have this issue.

See printscreen of a downloaded filter - opened in excel, the dates are fine:

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2014

Would it be possible to attach downloaded xls? Or you may look at it with text editor, it's html file, find date column, what does it have there?

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2014

I think problem is that, plugin truncates time actually, and for some reason it is shown as 22-Apr-2014 24:00, so excel moves it to April 23. Looks like regression caused by Issue#482. Though a problem is a bit more complicated because of support for multiple timezones. It will take me some time to fix it properly. I will update you on progress.

Thank you for rising issue and efforts to figure it out.

qits April 21, 2014

(Timesheet Report (11).txt) I renamed xls to txt of a downloaded test timesheet. Time was logged today.

0 votes
qits April 20, 2014

1.5 weeks ago we downloaded the plugin for a trial.

We're having exactly the same issue: the timesheet report displays correctly, but as soon as we download into Excel, everything is off by about a day - like the dates are truncated. Any ideas?

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2014

Hi,

Could you please create issue with screen shots here: https://bitbucket.org/azhdanov/jiratimesheet/issues/new

Also, latest version should show deta and time, so date should not be truncated.

Thank you.

qits April 20, 2014

I am having trouble raising issues with the provided link.

Below is the example screenshot of the timesheet report displaying correctly:

After downloading into Excel - note the date differences below. Example: Hours reflected on March 8 are actually recorded in jira on March 7:

Our plugin version is: 2.7.9.1

Our jira version is: v5.0.7#734

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2014

Is it possible that you excel truncates date time to date? May be you can check column format, and make it show complete date with time part.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Hi Amit,

Sorry for delay, is your worklog shown on wrong day for you or for someone else viewing timesheet? Please check this document for explanation of the case: http://www.jiratimesheet.com/#/wiki/Version%202.3.7

What are your timezone settings for your profile and for jira itself?

See also related question https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/117678/time-zone-issue-with-timesheet-plugin

Thank you.

Amit Kumar January 8, 2013

Hi Andriy,

Thanks for reply.

My Worklog shown on wrong day when I viewing the timesheet report.

In general configurations, default jira time zone set as System default: (GMT+03:00) Kiev.

Time zone in my profile is also (GMT+03:00) Kiev

To precise you exactly. I have logged worklog on 02/Jan/13 11:05 PM but timesheet shown my worklog for this issue as "Thu 3/Jan" while when I logged work on 02/Jan/13 1:08 PM then timesheet dispaly my worklog on correct day as 2/Jan.

I guess this assist you to some extent.

Let me know if you need more details from my end.

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar January 9, 2013

Hi Andriy,

I'm waiting of your response so that I can effectively use jira time sheet plugin.

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Hi Amit,

Yes, sorry for silence, one thought I've got is that this may be because of DST changes in Ukraine, which was cancelled last year, and renewed this year, I guess, so may be java did not get this, and thinks that 11:05 is 12:05 next day. I will try more to reproduce the problem and improve anything if possible, and will update you then.

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Futher notes. Using Linux Mint, setting timezone to Kiev, system shows GMT+3, however JIRA shows System default (GMT+2), which is more correct as to me. But it still did not show me a problem. Chaning JIRA timezone to GMT offset GMT+3 moves existing worklog day forward, which is expected.

Plugin plays with time zone conversions because of the mentioned support for multiple timezone environments. But I think there is something wrong in your environment. What does JIRA worklog show for those records? Does it still show worklog on 02/Jan/13 11:05 PM? If it also shows it for 03/Jan, then definetely you should fix your JIRA timezone to be GMT+2.

Otherwice, I've simplified it a bit to avoid unneded conversions, that's all I can do so far. It may help, but will be available in 2.3.10 by the end of the month hopefully. For now, just try not to work late :) or set time before 11 pm when you log work done.

Thank you.

Amit Kumar January 14, 2013

Hi Andriy,

JIra shows the correct worklog time i.e. it shows worklog on 02/Jan/13 11:05PM on 02/Jan instead of 03/Jan as that of timesheet report.

I'm waiting of new version of this plugin and hope that this problem will get resolved in new version

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Hi Amit,

2.3.10 is available, please let me know whether it helps, although I doubt in it.

Thank you.

0 votes
Amit Kumar January 8, 2013

Is there anyone who can assist me on problem that I'm facing with jira time sheet plugin

Thanks in advance.

Amit Kumar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events