Work Log Calendar + Time to SLA Plugin = Trouble

Barbara Kohlroser September 27, 2015

Hi!

When Time to SLA Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.tts) is active, logging on Issues with a high number of log entries is not possible anymore. The "Log Work" window does not dissappear after pressing "Log". Pressing "cancel" after a few minutes closes the window. No entry in the calendar. Shortly afterwards, an error message appears: "Internal Server Error".

If I log work on the same issue via JIRA (More-Log Work), then I get the message: "The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of this operation. Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser"

If Time to SLA Plugin is deactivated, these errors do not occor. Please can you test this on your system and fix this issue?

Many thanks

Babs

4 answers

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2015

Hi Barbara, Volodymyr

I am really very sorry that I could not notice this question.

Are you using the latest version TTS? TTS had performance issues and I think you will not face the same problem with the latest version. Also, there will be other improvements not to effect JIRA issue transitions badly.

Tuncay Senturk

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2015

Hi @Tuncay Senturk , On September 27 when I did the test I used the latest version.

Barbara Kohlroser December 10, 2015

Hi @Tuncay Senturk [Snapbytes]! I am currently testing JIRA 6.4.12 with TTS 5.6.0 and Work Calendar 2.5.6. On the test instance logging onto large issues works fine (takes 2-3 seconds) :)

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Great :)!

Barbara Kohlroser December 15, 2015

After further Tests with more Users: Logging onto Issues with a high number of log entries is still fast 90% of the time, but sometimes still takes 20-40 seconds. Happens sporadically and seems to get better if the User has logged onto the same issue before.

@Volodymyr Krupach Please can you gray out the "Log" Button when it has been hit? If the logging takes longer, Users keep clicking the button because they think it did not work. That way they create multiple work logs

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

Hi @Barbara Kohlroser , this will be part of the next release.

Excellent @Volodymyr Krupach, thanks!

Forgot to mention @Tuncay Senturk [Snapbytes] - please see my comment from yesterday 1:20 PM

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

Hi all, I am watching this thread and also working on reproducing the problem. I also tried with issue that has 1K log entries, but I could not reproduce any performance problems (as taking 20-40 seconds) Additionally, I will be deep diving into this next week. Thanks

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2015

Hi @Barbara Kohlroser , > Please can you gray out the "Log" Button when it has been hit? This is implemented in version 2.5.7.

Barbara Kohlroser December 30, 2015

Thank you @Volodymyr Krupach!

Barbara Kohlroser January 6, 2016

Hi @Tuncay Senturk [Snapbytes]! We have been using JIRA 6.4.12 with TTS 5.6.0 and Work Calendar 2.5.6 in production for a couple of weeks now and performance is very good! I suppose the longer response times at the beginning must have been just initial cache issues. Well done, thank you, case closed :)

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2016

Excellent. Thanks for keeping me notified.

0 votes
Barbara Kohlroser October 8, 2015

@SLA Team: please answer

0 votes
Barbara Kohlroser September 27, 2015

@Volodymyr: Wow, thank you for this incredibly quick test result and reply on a sunday evening!

@SLA Team: Hope you can fix this, thank you in advance

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2015

Hi Barbara!

Just installed Time to SLA Plugin and reproduced exactly the same behavior for issue that has about 1100 wroklog entries.

The problem is caused by Time to SLA Plugin rather then by Work Calendar plugin. For time logging Work Calendar relies on JIRA REST API and Time to SLA "kills" reporting for issues that match defined rules and have many worklog entries.

To be sure I uninstalled Work Calendar and tried to report time for issue with 1100+ worklogs through JIRA (More-Log Work) and it hanged my instance.

Time to SLA team, could you please check this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events