Will this plugin work on JIRA 6.0.6?

Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Hi,

Please let me know will this plugin work on JIRA 6.0.6.

My requirement is that while creating an issue one field is getting populated from database, so this field should be read only and user should not be able to change it while creating the issue.

Will this requirement be fulfilled by this pluigin?

Kindly Reply.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

Hey Aditya!

Actually, the most recommended way to achieve what you're looking for is to use the Script Runner add-on, which is very powerful as it allows an almost unlimited quantity of possibilities due to its flexibility. It uses Groovy as the programming language, which is very similar to Java, so it's also not too difficult to get the hang of it.

I recommend reading its documentation, as it explains a lot about how to use the add-ons and also has some nice script examples for you to start working with. wink

Cheers!

Joao

Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

Hi Joao, Thanks for replying, will this plugin work with JIra 6.0.6?

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

Oh, I forgot to mention that! Besides the fact that the current version supports only JIRA 6.3.x, we have archived versions of it that should install without a problem in JIRA 6.0.6. Just search for it through your JIRA instance itself (through the "Find new add-ons"page) and the latest compatible version should be installed. Here's the marketplace link, by the way: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events