Will the Atlassian IDE connector work with WebStorm or PyCharm?

James Parsons March 1, 2015

I am currently evaluating Atlassian products, and I was wondering about the IDE connector. Part of the tam using IDEA based IDE's like WebStorm or PyCharm. Will these work fine with the Atlassian IDE connector for Intellij IDEA?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karol Lopacinski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2015

Hello James,

while the IDE Connector is primarily developed and tested for IntelliJ IDEA, people have also successfully been using it for other JetBrains IDEs, including WebStorm and PyCharm, and we do investigate and fix problems encountered when using them.
@Norman Abramovitz - if you've encountered any issues, please report them at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/projects/PL - our issue tracker for the IntelliJ Connector.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2015

It failed for me when I tried it with Webstorm 9.

James Parsons March 2, 2015

Did it give any errors, or did it silently fail?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2015

I installed from settings/plugins/install plugins button and I found the Atlassian connector. I real message that it installed but I restarted anyways. I found under settings/other tools a configuration panel, but I was never able to connect to Jira. I was expecting some menu item to show up and it never did.

Karol Lopacinski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2015

@Norman Abramovitz if the plugin panel does not open automatically, it can be found under View->Tool Windows->Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events