Will it be possible to export test steps from JIRA to Word?

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

Hello Zephyr Experts

I have few new improvements requests:

1. Will it be possible to export to word Test steps and the executions results for each step?
  2. Will it possible to export to excel test results including the results per test steps?

Thanks

Naama

4 answers

1 vote
Deleted user October 5, 2020

I exported the test cases with steps by adding the test cases to new Zephyr test cycle then exporting to HTML. Which then can be easily converted to PDF. 

1 vote
Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2015

Hello Swapna Kumar Vemula

Thanks for your answers - 

Regarding Question 1 - it seems that their is a bug in the sw, please see the description below:

1. Go to Issue
  2. Choose the relevant test filter
  3. View in 'List view'
  4. Add the column 'Zephyr Teststep' to the view
  5. Click Export to word

Bug: Cannot see the tests step in the exported word document 

When I export to excel, I can see the test steps

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Naama

Stuart Corcoran October 23, 2015

Confirmed. No test steps in Word export using 2.6

1 vote
Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2015

Hello Naama,

Please find my inline comments/answer for the same.

1. Will it be possible to export to word Test steps and the executions results for each step?

Zephyr : You can only export Tests with Test steps to word format but not the execution results for each step. We have made aware of this feature request to our product management team, they will review the same for consideration.

2. Will it possible to export to excel test results including the results per test steps?

Zephyr : Yes, it is possible to export the test results including the results per test steps. This can be done by exporting the Test Executions to excel by navigating to Tests -> Search Test Executions and export the selected executions to excel. This excel will contains all the test executions along with test step results.

Regards,

Swapna Kumar Vemula,

darshan mahashettiwar July 3, 2019

Hi Swapna Kumar,

For the second question that you answered, I am unable to export Description for the test cases.

Test name, test steps and status are find but would you know how to extract Description from JIRA

All I am trying to do is extract the list of all test cases executed for our SIT cycle along with Test Steps. This should include Test name, Description, test steps and if possible the status of the test cases

Look forward to your responses

Kind Regards,
Darshan

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

PDF View Plugin provides professional and customizable exports for Zephyr test data, including test steps, executions and step results (although to PDF, not Word)!

Detailed doc: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/integrations#zephyr

You can try this free at: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview/server/overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-iOPjeVt4

tushargohel_crest October 11, 2018

Hi Aron,

We were using the PDF view plugin to export Zephyr test cases with all the test steps and it was working fine.

But, after we have upgraded to the MySQL database I think there might be some issue it's not showing the test steps in PDF.

PDF_sample.PNG

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2018

Tushar,

We noticed a similar problem, but (very likely) it is not the database which breaks, but newer Zehpyr versions bring some API-breaking change. If that's the case also here, then my teammates already have a solution.

Please open a ticket at http://www.midori-global.com/support/customer-support

Thanks Aron for your quick response,

I have to check this because recently I have upgraded to the new version of Zephyr. So let me install an older version of Zephyr and check and if the issue is solved then I'll raise a ticket.

Aron,

I have created a ticket in Mindori support.

https://midori.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/4810

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2018

Cool, we will look into this!

d_jeffbethune October 18, 2018

Has this been resolved? I am having the same problem..

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2019

It has been resolved yet, sorry, I forgot to post here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events