Why "Resolved" date field is empty for some resolved issues?

Diana Karazlateva December 2, 2022

Hello :)

Why "Resolved" date field is empty for some resolved issues? Only for a few.

And how can I update it to the last update?

With Automation, I am able to filter them out: (resolution in (Done) AND 'Resolved' is EMPTY), but can't update the field - there is no field "Resolved" in "Edit issue fields".

Thanks in advance,

Diana

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hey @Diana Karazlateva,

I just did a quick browse through other community questions around that topic. Can you find out how the resolution was set in the issues with a resolution value but no resolution date? Will a date be set if you manually transition them to clear the resolution value and transition (resolve) them again? And can you also check the workflow post functions while you're at it? 

Best, Max

Hello Max,

You are write - it depended if they passed from UAT to Done or from In progress.

Not sure why the difference, but I'll address it,

Thank you!

Now I'd like a fast way to update the issues that don't have it. :) I don't want to re-open closed tickets, just update the date to "last update" for example...

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

The fastest way to update would be to edit the workflow to have a self-reflecting transition from leading from the Done status to the Done status that utilizes a screen with the resolution field on it or use a post function to set the resolution to a defined value. So you can resolve the issue again using the post function, which should also set the resolution date. Please try it and let me know if that works for you. :) 

Best, Max

We have this - before resolved, there's always a pop-up window to put Resolution comment. But it seams it's not enough to populate the date 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

So you select a resolution coming from "UAT" and from "In Progress" in both transitions to Done but only from "In Progress" the resolution date is set?

Like Diana Karazlateva likes this

Yes, exactly; I sent ticket to support to check why and hopefully resolve

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

Okay, good thought! :) Maybe you can also share the transition configuration with us here, especially the post functions. And both transitions use the same screen?

Diana Karazlateva December 6, 2022

I don't have control over the post function :( I can't provide any data, I'm sorry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events