Why do scrollbars always appear in the Syntax Highlighted sections ?

ovidiu.veliscu July 29, 2012

I have installed JIRA 5.0.3 and I added the JIRA Syntax Highlighter plugin latest version 1.5.1. I disabled {code} and {noformat} following the installation guide.

I tried adding {code:sql} sections and as you can see in the screenshot below, it always has vertical scroll bars displayed (and the last line is usually slightly cut by a couple of pixels). I tried with other sections such as {code:java} but the same situation occurred.

Can you please tell me how can I correct the display issue ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Sorry, you were talking about the vertical scrollbars.

Don't see any idea how to fix...

Kind regards
Holger

ovidiu.veliscu March 21, 2013

the issue was zoom related. The zoom was set to 110% instead of 100% and therefore the lines appeared.

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

Meanwhile I have released JIRA Syntax Highlighter version 2.1.1 which has a fix for vertical scrollbars.

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2012

The plugin is not doing any line breaks. And your lines 2 and 3 are quite long, so the scrollbar is added. Just add manual line breaks.

Kind regards

Holger

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2012

Add a small bug here: https://bitbucket.org/hski/syntaxplugin-public/issues?status=new&status=open or fix it. There might be a problem when calculating the height of the region.

https://bitbucket.org/hski/syntaxplugin-public/src/8bf2e974bfd0/src/main/resources/scripts/shCore.js

Edit: or with the style. pad it more ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events