Why do my service desk customers have the wrong permission scheme?

Esther Strom December 29, 2017

I've been running into some issues with Tempo notifications clogging up our email server, trying to send notifications to users who should not receive them. In looking at the "Users that receive email from scheduler" screen in Tempo's scheduler configuration:

tempo1.png

I've found that all of our service desk customers (i.e. non-licensed users, generated automatically by service desk via email) have the same permission scheme:

tempo2.png

The problem is, that permission scheme isn't actually associated with any projects right now (and never has been - it was created for a project that was never used), and certainly not associated with any of our service desk projects:

tempo3.png

Can anyone give me an idea of how my service desk customers are automatically getting assigned to an unused permission scheme?

1 answer

0 votes
John Fernandes January 8, 2018

Hello Esther,

Notifications for customers in JSD work differently than JIRA regular licensed users. You set this configuration on your JSD project under "Customer notifications".

BUT, notifications from tempo come from the scheduler, nothing related to JIRA Permission Schemes, they are based on Tempo Workload Schemes.

Here you can check Tempo Timesheets documentations about scheduler and workload schemes:

Workload Schemes

Scheduler

We ran into the same issue with our customers some time ago, we created a new workload scheme and changed the customers to the new scheme.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

João Fernandes

Esther Strom January 9, 2018

Thanks, I'm aware of how workload schemes are set up. Our service desk customers are in the correct workload scheme. That's not what I'm asking. I'm trying to figure out how service desk customers are getting assigned to a *permission scheme* that no one should be associated with, since it's not actually active for any project, service desk or otherwise.

John Fernandes January 10, 2018

Very odd, perhaps you should try to contact Tempo Support, they probably know better where does this information come from, since it is a table generated by Tempo, as far as I know. I have only good experiences with them.

Here you can open a ticket:

https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us

Best regards,

João Fernandes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events