Which fields of issues are mandatory for JIRA Structure?

Maria Fürholzer July 18, 2019

Hi all, 

I am planning to use Jira Structure soon. 

We already use different issues (Program Epic, Epic and Story) in our projects.

I would like to know which fields of issues (story points, status, priority, component etc) are mandatory to be filled out so that a Structure Plan can be created.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Summary and Reporter fields are required by default

Maria Fürholzer July 18, 2019

Hello Victor, 

Thank you for your answer. Yes sure. What about other fields, are they all optional for Structure then?

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Maria,

I'll take a step back on this answer. I'm sure summary is mandatory, not 100% on reporter.

All other fields are optional in that they don't have to be mandatory on a ticket.

Victor

0 votes
Sundara Rao Damaraju July 28, 2020

You may consider this. Epic due date, end date, priority, Status, Remaining estimate, linked defects. One has to customize to their project. 

The recommendation is you need to consider, time remaining, estimate remaining, value to be delivered, defects found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events