Which Workflow post function returns the previous Assignee if it transitions back to In Dev or Backlog?

Susany July 24, 2014

I found this option, "Assign the issue to the last user from the Users role who had this issue assigned before (unless user selects an Assignee in the transition screen) ." but it doesn't change the Assignee back.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2014

Hi Susan,

Are you using a plugin to achieve this function? If yes, adding the plugin's key as a label will help you get quick response from plugin developers.

As far as I know, this is not a built in post function that comes with JIRA.

Tuncay

Susany July 24, 2014

Hi Tuncay,

Well, I'm not using a plugin - only native features to Jira OD (including HupChat). It's the first time I used a post function to add the Reporter as the Assignee during a Resolve transition.

I tried another post function to put the Assignee back to the last recorded user if the ticket transitions out of resolved back to In Dev, but the most likely post function didn't work.

If it's allowed, maybe I need to use the API strings instead - as in Jira 5. What do you think?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2014

Hi Susan,

Are you sure that you are not using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions. Because the post function description is the same.

On the other hand, I have seen an issue of this plugin here.

I think, they may give the exact answer to you if you raise an issue.

Susany July 27, 2014

Hi Tuncay,

That link sure looks like my problem - I didn't know it was part of an extension. I have always worked in Jira as a lone wolf, and find out background info as I go along. Like this time.

Thanks for your assistance :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events