When parent linked to sub task changes the custom field present in subtask gets updated automaticall

Behl_ Aman August 5, 2020

Hello,

I just want to know if its possible to create a rule through automation plugin in which if i move the subtask to other parent one of the custom field which is present both in parent and sub task automatically gets updated with the value of parent .

If it can be done what would be the rule.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2020

Hi @Behl_ Aman 

This should work:

1. Trigger: Issue Updated
  2. Condition: Issue Fields Condition - if Issue Type (field) equals (condition) Sub-task (value)
  3. Action: Edit Issue - Choose the field, setting the value as "Copy from parent"

The change of parent is classed as an issue update. 

Just be aware the rule will trigger every time the sub-task updates, not just when the parent is modified - as there is no simple way to check just for the parent modification as far as I'm aware.

This is important if you're using Jira Cloud and this is a global rule, as there are execution limits per month depending on your license tier. If this is a project-level rule however, there are virtually unlimited executions.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events