When I create a test execution from a Test plan, via selecting individual tests, it is blank screen

Michael Lambrecht March 24, 2023

When I try and create a test execution from a test plan, by selecting individual tests within the test plan, and using the "Create Execution" selector, the Test Execution screen becomes blank white. 

This is greatly reducing efficiency in creating test executions off of my central test plan. Please Advise
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 3.52.21 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Michael Lambrecht - welcome to the community,

does this behaviour still occur? in this case could you please share a screenshot from the testplan view too (without the empty "create test execution" screen)? That might give some further details about tests.

Furthermore:
Is this something that was working in the past? Are you able to create a test execution outside of a test plan (eg. create issue directly from create button or create execution out of a test case issue)?

Best
Stefan

Michael Lambrecht March 27, 2023

It actually is working now this morning!  The test plan are all manual tests.  Seems like it stopped working for reasons unknown, and it has self fixed itself when checking today.

I can create test executions outside of test plan, but I would then need to manually add all tests

Like # people like this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

@Michael Lambrecht 

awesome. good to know it‘s working again.

May I please ask you to either accept any of the answers where you posted your feedback or you post your feedback yourself as an answer and accept this one yourself. This will mark the post as solved. It won‘t appear in the unreaolved issues anymore (which we as community leaders often lookup). 

Best
Stefan

Michael Lambrecht March 27, 2023

is it possible to root cause it first?  auto-resolved , but seems like a bug within xray

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Of course. Did you raise a ticket at xray that is under investigation?

Michael Lambrecht March 28, 2023

Where can I do that?

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

Hi @Michael Lambrecht 

You could raise a support request at the vendor‘s support page:

https://jira.getxray.app/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/user/login?destination=portal%2F2

imho: as the issue occured temporarely it seems this might have been kind of a service outage. So I guess chances are low that this would go into investigation as it seems solved (as it‘s working). A bug would mean it‘s reproducable and still occurs 🤷🏻‍♂️ (talking as a former test and release manager)

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

Hi @Michael Lambrecht 

any updates?

Best
Stefan

Michael Lambrecht April 21, 2023

have not had chance to file.  I believe since it's not reproducible, we can close this !

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events