Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

What is the syntax for the send-email macro to email everyone in a permission group?

I am trying to modify a workflow to add a trigger that will send an email when a page enters a certain state, but my testing has not yet resulted in my receiving an email.

This is what I have in my trigger:

{trigger:statechanged|state=Driver Comments}
{send-email:user=DCI-CPJiraAdmin|subject=Testing Email Notifications from Workflow}
This is an auto-generated email triggered when the state changes to Driver Comments. When implemented, the text of this email will alert Drivers to a CMR ready for their review/comment. @page@ links to the page for easy access. The time frame for comments ends @expirydate@ NOTE: This is a test update in the Confluence Tutorial-Sandbox space.
{send-email}
{trigger}

I have also tried this with trigger: pagestatechanged with the same lack of result.

I read in the documentation that the email can go to a permission group, but I don't know if I need to adjust the syntax in any way to indicate it is a group instead of an individual.

I am a member of this group, and I have created a document and moved it to this state in the workflow, but I have not received an email.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Julie 

Based on a first look that should work. Could you contact our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com to investigate further.

It would be helpful if you could attach your complete workflow as a text file so we see the trigger in context.

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events