What is the macro name for your Confluence macros?

armin.mayrhofer January 25, 2016

I would like to search for the Timesheet macros 'Time Sheet' and 'Project Pivot' in Confluence using the 'macroName' string in Confluence global search as detailed here.

To run the search, I need the macro name. Here is a list of Confluence macro names that work with this kind of search. E.g. to find out where the 'Page Properties Macro' is used you can used the search string: macroName:details.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hi Armin,

Looks like it's not possible. Basing on https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/gadget-macro-204047561.html all such macros are stored with 'gadget' name.

Thank you.

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

@armin.mayrhofer - if you check the HTML source of a page containing the macro you want to search for, look for "data-macro-name" and then try running a macroName search against that name.

Checking the source of a page with the Page Tree macro, I see its data-macro-name is pagetree, so now I can search by: macroName: pagetree

Fun fact, if you're searching for several macros with the same root name, use a wildcard "*" to search for multiple macros simultaneously:

macroName: include*

0 votes
armin.mayrhofer February 15, 2016

Thanks for checking @Andriy Zhdanov

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events