What is the best way to prevent external clients from viewing another clients projects?

Kevin Ramm November 19, 2014

I want to setup my permissions in JIRA and Confluence so that it works the following way:

Client/Project A:

Internal users, Company A clients can view

Client/Project B:

Internal users, Company B clients can view

and so on.

I've tried making specific roles and groups for a test client user, but every time I use my test client user I'm able to navigate to all of our projects. I need to be able to isolate them so that people from other companies can't accidentally navigate to other projects from a different company.

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Ramm November 19, 2014

Thank you @Davin Studer! That makes sense for Confluence. How would I accomplish the same in JIRA? Would I need a separate permission scheme for each company/client? I feel like the jira-users group that's required for all projects is causing the issue.

JeffP November 19, 2014

Then eliminate the jira-users from being able to browse in your project via the project's permission scheme.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

Unfortunately, I don't use JIRA, so I can't help there.

Kevin Ramm November 21, 2014

Thanks for your feedback guys. The jira-users group was causing it so I've removed and am able to have separate schemes to keep client projects private

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

This is done via space permissions. You need to set the internal users group and the group for company A to have access to Space A. If you do not give the company B group access to space A then they should not see it. Also make sure that anonymous access for all your spaces is turned off.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events