What is the best way to import test cases to Zephyr for JIRA

Nitin Dobhal March 15, 2017

Hi,

What is the best way to import test cases to Zephyr for JIRA (Server) version?

Also, can we import test cases from Silk tool as well?

Regards,

Nitin

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran March 16, 2017

Hi Nitin

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.Kindly refer the links below to use our "importer utility" that will help you in importing test cases with test steps.Please note that test cycles and executions cant be imported using this

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home

Also please refer the below link for getting familiarized with the importer.Please refer to the utility guide and the sample excel sheet formats attached at the end of the article in this link

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204550179-How-do-I-import-test-cases-into-Zephyr-for-JIRA-Cloud-

Please note even title suggests of Zephyr for JIRA cloud , this article is applicable for Zephyr for JIRA server too

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Kavitha Ramaswamy March 8, 2018

Hi,

Is there a way I could map test on Zephyr for Jira to a BDD scenario on source code repo (bitbucket) ? Could you please point me to relevant doc for this?

Our project set up -

1) Tests are in Jira

2) BDD style automated tests are in Bitbucket

3) Tests are triggered on TeamCity

4) Write test results to Jira

I am also looking for support to integrate TeamCity with Zephyr for Jira.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks!

Hitesh.Jamb@apa.com.au October 11, 2018

Have a similar situation. But am exploring to see a way. Will keep you updated if I see any solutions to this.

Divya Bhandary February 18, 2020

Hi Kavitha/ Hitesh,

Did you find out a way around this. I am new to this and any guidance would be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks!!

Pavel_Drapak May 12, 2020

Unfortunately, Zephyr's feature set seems to be lacking in this area, to the best of my knowledge. 
We solved the issue by developing an in-house utility, that is able to pair/sync BDD test scenarios in the source control to Zephyr test scenarios via Zephyr's API. 

A built-in capability would be, of course, a preferred solution. Especially considering that some competing test management products seem to have test storage integration question figured out (see e.g. HipTest).

Like Kyle_Hope likes this
hazar_daghash August 6, 2021

hi 
how can i import test cases from testrial to jira using the Zephyr?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events