Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What is best automation solution? Multiple rules or multiple conditions?

rubico I'm New Here Sep 16, 2021

I'm creation automation for a project pipeline, changing the task status when subtasks change status.

I currently have one rule for each status, and everything works as designed. But something that I can stop thinking about is: what approach has a better performance? Creating multiple rules as I did, or creating a single rule with multiple conditions?

I'm asking it because I feel the tasks are taking a bit longer than I expected to.

1 answer

Hi Rubico,

I've found a page regarding performance of Automation, although from 2018 before Atlassian acquired Automation for Jira it is still worth a read:

https://blog.codebarrel.io/how-to-optimize-your-automation-for-jira-rules-for-best-performance-4b5fdf751faa

They do recommend to combine Rules where possible. But at the end of the day it is your choice.

In the audit log of each rule it gives a duration, so you can see if there is hold up somewhere or to test if making changes does impact speed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

286 views 7 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you