What happens to Gliffy diagrams if I remove the Gliffy Add-On?

Rebecca Monfries January 17, 2021

Hi,

Just wondering what will happen to our existing Gliffy diagrams in Confluence if we uninstall the Gliffy add-on? We're on Cloud.

We're moving to Miro.

TIA!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi Rebecca!

Your diagrams will still be visible — they just switch over to read-only mode. There will be an additional banner across the top of diagrams that says "Gliffy is unlicensed," but we don't delete or remove your diagrams.

Best of luck with your switch! For the benefit of our product team, do you have any feature requests or any feedback you'd like me to share up to the team based on that decision? :)

Samie

Rebecca Monfries January 19, 2021

Thanks Samie - very useful!

Sarah Statz June 15, 2023

Hi @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy Samie,

When you say "read-only mode" does that mean we won't be able to edit that diagram at all if we no longer have the license? Can we still do other things on the page where the diagram lives? How does that work?

Thanks,

Sarah

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2023

Hi @Sarah Statz !

You're correct, the diagram will not be editable. It would be more like a static image on the Confluence page. You could still make changes to other content on the page (ie add other images, text). 

I'd love to have a follow-up conversation if you're thinking of discontinuing your license with us! Any feedback on what we can do better is always welcome; you can email me at skaufman@perforce.com. 

Please feel free to leave me a note!

Samie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events