What happened to the questions marked as favorites in Answers?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2013

Hi,

In old answers I marked few questions and users as favorite.. Now I do not see the options to view them.. Is this information still stored somewere where I can reach it?

Thanks,

Mirek

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

Hi Mirek - I've raised this over at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1054. We made an assumption that 'favorite' and 'follow' were interchangeable and that we were simplifying, but we violated our own principle of not removing functionality from the site.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2013

Hi Jeremy,

Sounds good! Thank you for quick reaction on this topic!

Best Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2013

Hey there, Mirek.

Have you tried to click on the Filter dropdown and choose the You Follow option to check if you are able to view the Questions?

Not too sure about the Users though. Since the Sort only caters for:

1. Reputation
  2. Recent
  3. Oldest
  4. Username

Warm regards,

Danial

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your answer.. Unfortunately currently we have this "Following Questions" option.. I know from this question (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159614/following-questions-users-in-answers) that you are following a question always if you will do any activity on it..

In my case marking question as favorite do not equal followed question..

I had few issue that I marked as favorited because it was having some good information that I was often checking.. Now I need to filter those out from followed questions (that are including also my questions) ..

In the old version there was an option to quickly show favorites questions..

How can I quickly filter out those question that was marked as favorite in the past?

In my opinion there should be still an option to mark issue as favorite.. Why this was removed? Favorite != Followed now..

As for users.. I already added a comment to the same question as mentioned above.. (No direct link to the comments anymore? .. ) .. I am pasting this here:

On the users page we are having currently 1153 subpages with a list of users.. I do not know how other users but I am not feeling too comfortable with clicking every page to check who I am following .. My sugesstion: There should be a button next to Reputation | Recent | Oldest | by Usernamenamed as for example Followed that will show only those users ..

What do you think?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events