Web client area too small - footer takes up half the screen

Zachary Anthony September 6, 2013

I just installed the plugin - and I really like it so far. One thing that seems wrong and annoying is that the Subversion Plus area only takes up the top half of the browser, while the bottom half is filled with a gray footer.

When viewing file text - I can only see about 18 lines without using the scroll bars.

It would be nice if the Subversion Plus filled the whole window - and the footer takes up only a minimal amount of space at the bottom.

I've tried with IE and Firefox - same on both.

3 answers

1 vote

Thanks Pablo - I was able to adjust it - I set it to 750 which is alot better (for my monitor anyway). For others viewing this...

- Downloaded the Subversion Plugin manually https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pbeltranl.subversion.jira.pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin (not through JIRA interface)

- Opened up the jar with 'jar xvf'

- Edited templates/plugins/svnwebclient/topmenu/iframe.vm

- Repackaged with 'jar Mcvf'

- Uninstalled and then reinstalled.

I continued editing, repackaging, uninstalling and installing until I got a value that looked OK.

Would be much better if it auto-sized nicely (next update hopefully?) - but it works for me for now.

Thanks again Pablo!

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

It has been resolved in the 4.0.4 version.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

Yeap, the height is set to 450px aprox by default. I'll review this fill all the availble visible area.

Awesome - thank you Pablo for the lighting-fast response! Can you tell me if I can make the change myself - which file I need to modify?

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2013

Download the add-on jar file an edit the file:

/templates/plugins/svnwebclient/topmenu/iframe.vm

The 450 value is clearly visible at the top of the template

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2013

Would be much better if it auto-sized nicely (next update hopefully?)

For sure, but I found it hard to work embedded in an iFrame on JIRA (as I've a very basic knowledge about html).

Alternatively, you might want to view the files in a new window by opening the links with the mouse right button > Open in a new window. This ensures that the full visible area is full filled. Very frequently, I work in this way rather than in the embedded mode.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events