Web Item Plugin Module condition has global permission "user picker"

David Thompson May 6, 2015

Hi,

I have made a simple web item plugin which just includes quick links to jql filters. I want to only show this to our internal users and not external users. One clear permission that internal users have and the external don't is the global "Browse Users" permission.

So I was thinking to use the "JiraGlobalPermissionCondition" like the example condition below which uses the "admin" permission. I want to use permission for the "Browse Users" permission but I don't know how to find the correct parameter to use.

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">admin</param>
</condition>

I tried;

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">USER_PICKER</param>
</condition>

The web item plugin appears correctly but when I log in with a user without the "Browse Users" permission the web item menu item is still present.

I'm believe the "USER_PICKER" name for the permission is not right but how do I find out valid permission option names?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

I know this is an old question but I came across other permissions while I attempted to figure out how to limit this based on a project role (haven't figure that out yet).  anyway I think you can replace

om.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition

with

com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.BrowseUsersPermissionCondition

This is just my guess since documentation on this is at best "light".. or non existent. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events