• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Web Item Plugin Module condition has global permission "user picker"

Hi,

I have made a simple web item plugin which just includes quick links to jql filters. I want to only show this to our internal users and not external users. One clear permission that internal users have and the external don't is the global "Browse Users" permission.

So I was thinking to use the "JiraGlobalPermissionCondition" like the example condition below which uses the "admin" permission. I want to use permission for the "Browse Users" permission but I don't know how to find the correct parameter to use.

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">admin</param>
</condition>

I tried;

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">USER_PICKER</param>
</condition>

The web item plugin appears correctly but when I log in with a user without the "Browse Users" permission the web item menu item is still present.

I'm believe the "USER_PICKER" name for the permission is not right but how do I find out valid permission option names?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

I know this is an old question but I came across other permissions while I attempted to figure out how to limit this based on a project role (haven't figure that out yet).  anyway I think you can replace

om.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition

with

com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.BrowseUsersPermissionCondition

This is just my guess since documentation on this is at best "light".. or non existent. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Happy New Year and Welcome New Marketplace Partner Program Partners!

Happy New Year! We hope you all had a safe and restful holiday season. 2020 was a unique year full of unforeseen events; however, as we enter the new year of 2021, we’re optimistic for the light at t...

641 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you