It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Want to display page information like Creator, Created Date, Last Modified, Approvers, Recent Ver.

Amy Hughey Feb 27, 2018

I have a requirement to control documentation based on an ISO standard. I would like to modify our control workflow and "think" it can be done if we set page properties on each page. I would like each of our pages to display the following information on the page itself.  I think I would do this with page properties, but I want the page properties to automatically pull variable data based on the history of the page itself.  Any ideas? It looks like Change History and Contributors macros gives me some of what I want.

I'm looking to add a document control matrix at the bottom of each page that includes:

- Document ID (auto-generated option?)

- Document Title

- Creator

- Created Date 

- Most Recent Revision Number

- Current Page Status (e.g. Approved, Review, etc.)

- Last Approved Date

- Last Approved Revision Number

- Approvers

2 answers

2 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2018

Hi Amy,

Natively in Confluence, as you mentioned, we have the The Change-History macro which displays the history of updates made to a page: version number, author, date and comment. Approval is not a feature of Confluence so we don't have a way to display approved date, approvers and approved revision.

Please consider a third party plugin like Comala Workflows to introduce approval processes.

Thanks,

Ann

Amy Hughey Mar 01, 2018

Hi Ann, we have Comala, however, the approval history still shows on a different view.  I'm trying to pull the comala workflow info and some of the change history information and have it display on the page itself.  I see a tool called Scriptrunner that may fit the bill, but I don't know if anyone has used it, or may have another way to pull information to the page itself.  

The out of the box macros don't appear that they can be edited too much to display just fields I want.  I would imagine with some filtering or scripting, it could be done to clean the display. Atlassian knowledge base pages here show "Last Modified" at the bottom of the page, I'm looking to do something similar.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Mar 01, 2018

It sounds like your requirements will best be met by an add-on or a combination of add-ons. Consequently I am going to move your question to a collection on the forum where we can get the add-on vendors' attention.

1 vote

Hi @Amy Hughey,

You can use page properties in your page, and then, use those properties in the workflow. You can have a look at this example

https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CW/Product+Requirements+Blueprint

As quick summary, you can add page properties, and then use those properties (metadata) within the workflow, or within the page. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 13.55.11.png

If you want to use the page property "QA" within an approval, use the following:

{state:For Review|approved=Approved}
    {approval:Development|user=@QA@}
{state}

To use that very same property within the page, add the get metadata macro to the page. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Gorka

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

81 views 0 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you