Want to create a report for team member velocity by sprint

Tom Layson September 28, 2017

I want to create a report that shows work items assigned and completed per assignee per sprint.  Even better, we want to show their trend over time.  Thoughts?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hi Thomas,

While I'm certain there should be a way to achieve this I think that this is a very bad idea. Because you're using sprints and the term velocity I'm assuming your using an agile methodology. 

Agile focusses on the responsibilities as a team, not as an individual. While someone might be helping others all sprint long getting their work done and making sure the sprint goal is reached, he/she won't have any issues assigned to their name and thus it looks like they've performed badly even though they've fulfilled a very important role in that sprint.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Maarten

Tom Layson October 1, 2017

I am well aware of how agile works.  We have a specific set of circumstances where this is necessary.  Can anyone answer my question?

Thx

Tom

Like Berly Wedding likes this
Berly Wedding April 21, 2021

In the same boat... we also are manually assessing story points per teammember per sprint, to use during sprint planning so we don't overload anyone... would love an easier way vs how manual it's been using issue history filtered and an excel sheet...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events