WBS-Gantt - can't add JIRA issues to existing WBS

Steven Haworth August 16, 2021

I'm using cloud WBS-Gantt, and I'm new to this product.  But, I cannot figure out something that seems to be very basic.  I have an existing WBS-Gantt (created by another team), and it includes a Story ticket (for example). 

When the Gantt was created, the Story had 3 sub-tasks, and these were pulled into the Gantt when the Story was added.  All is good.

Later, the team adds a 4th sub-task to the Story.  It does not show up in the Gantt, and I can find no way to add it under the Story. 

I can create a new sub-task in the Gantt, but that is not what I want:

- that duplicates an existing sub-task

- that also exists only in the Gantt, and not under the Story

So - fails on two different counts.

How can I simply get the Gantt to update itself when new children are added to existing JIRA tickets?  This is the nature of anything Agile.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2021

Hello @Steven Haworth ,

Thank you for using WBS Gantt-Chart for Cloud! This is Hal from Ricksoft. I tried to reproduce the behavior that you are having in my environment in both Team-Managed and Company-Managed projects but cannot do it. It works fine as shown in the following gif file.

Added on Jira

Subtask_via_Jira.gif

Added on Gantt

Subtask_via_Gantt.gif

Could you provide us with the following information to find the cause?

• Does it occur to all other Gantt-Chart?
  • Do other users have the same behavior?
  • Could you create a new sample project, and then Gantt-Chart from the project and see if you can reproduce the behavior?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Hal
Ricksoft

Steven Haworth August 17, 2021

Thanks @Hikaru - i tried it again, and it is working now.  I think it was a delay issue - it seems to take a while to either 'find' the new child ticket (after creating in JIRA), or in the other direction (creating it in WBS) to see it in JIRA.

Moving more slowly, both functions did show up correctly.

Thank you for the quick follow-up!

Like Hikaru likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events