Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

WBS Gantt Chart - How to auto organize the tasks for the same resource

Hello.

I'm not an advanced user of Gantt-like software, but I'm used to setting up the three basic things: Task duration, dependencies, and resource distribution.

I'm testing the WBS Gantt Chart for Jira and it's quite nice. The problem here is I assigned the same resource for 2 different tasks and both tasks still on the same day. I was hoping it would adjust it automatically, moving one of them forward in time, like what happens with dependencies or like other Gantt software.

The question is: Did I miss some (obvious) set up in this process? Or is there a refresh command or something like this to change it?

Cheers

Screenshot_12.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello, @mango 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question. We can see that you have created a ticket on our Support environment as well, so we will paste our reply to this Community Question to help similar users with the same issue:

"WBS Gantt-Chart does not re-schedule Tasks based on the Resources of an Assignee.

In this case, based on the screenshot attached, to have the second Task starting after the first one, you need to create a Dependency between these 2 Tasks.

For more information regarding Resources Allocation and Dependencies on WBS Gantt-Chart, please visit our Documentation."

If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

The support answered me. It is not possible.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

476 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you