WBS Gantt Chart - How to auto organize the tasks for the same resource

mango November 9, 2020

Hello.

I'm not an advanced user of Gantt-like software, but I'm used to setting up the three basic things: Task duration, dependencies, and resource distribution.

I'm testing the WBS Gantt Chart for Jira and it's quite nice. The problem here is I assigned the same resource for 2 different tasks and both tasks still on the same day. I was hoping it would adjust it automatically, moving one of them forward in time, like what happens with dependencies or like other Gantt software.

The question is: Did I miss some (obvious) set up in this process? Or is there a refresh command or something like this to change it?

Cheers

Screenshot_12.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2020

Hello, @mango 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question. We can see that you have created a ticket on our Support environment as well, so we will paste our reply to this Community Question to help similar users with the same issue:

"WBS Gantt-Chart does not re-schedule Tasks based on the Resources of an Assignee.

In this case, based on the screenshot attached, to have the second Task starting after the first one, you need to create a Dependency between these 2 Tasks.

For more information regarding Resources Allocation and Dependencies on WBS Gantt-Chart, please visit our Documentation."

If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

xrigau September 30, 2022

Exactly same issue!

This should be a P0 bug since it renders auto-scheduling and resource leveling useless.

See sub-tasks AI-1900 and AI-1926 are creating an overallocation.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 135700.png

Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Hello @xrigau 

Thanks for submitting your reply and your feeback.

Ans mentioned earlier, WBS Gantt-Chart does not re-schedule a task based on the Resources of an Assignee and the app is working as designed.

Besides other factors, one example that could be given why this decision has been made is because WBS Gantt-Chart is not able to predict the Resource Allocation for an assignee for Issues not present in the Gantt Chart - as opposed to the scheduling and dependencies that are consistent across the entire environment.

If there are anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Please, do feel welcome to contact us at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net as well. We will be glad to be of help!

Wish you a great day ahead.

Kind Regards,
Alessandro C. | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

0 votes
mango November 11, 2020

The support answered me. It is not possible.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events