WBS GANTT-Chart displaying issues for a single user only

Sanjay Bhandari September 8, 2018

Given a GANTT chart with multiple issues, assigned to multiple users - is it possible to display the issues for a single user only?

It would be easier to work with a uncluttered chart.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Hello Sanjay,

If you looking for a function to filter issues appearing on WBS and Gantt chart just like the ones in Jira Board, currently we have a request for that in our public tracker, but it has not been implemented yet.  Quick filters
You may want to try sorting the assignee by clicking the header of the item to be re-sorted.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question or if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions. You can leave a comment here or open a ticket in our support desk:

Ricksoft Support Desk

Best,

Jennifer

Sanjay Bhandari September 11, 2018

Hello Jennifer

Thanks for the response!

Yes - that was my question.

I get that this feature is not there yet. But is it possible to achieve the same effect in a different way?

How about if I created another filter, and added the clause for "Assignee = <user>" to it - and then created a GANTT from that filter. Would that give me the same GANTT, but for a specific user?

Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Sure, that works too!  you just configure a Jira issue search filter to use in Gantt. The contents displayed on the Gantt Chart screen is based on the issues retrieved by the filter you specified.

See General user information for more detils.

Best,

Jennifer

Sanjay Bhandari September 12, 2018

That's good then.

But I am having a weird issue trying to do this. The Gantt chart comes up with empty fields, and fails to render.

Please see the details in my other question here. Can you suggest a way I can debug what's going wrong? I would quite appreciate the help.

Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2018

Sorry for not coming back sooner, but unfortunately I didn't get a notification that there was a reply to my question.

The issue is most probably due to the WBS Gantt-chart displaying columns by custom fields you configure in Gantt setting. You might need to confirm Issue view configuration of Start date and finish date at Gantt setting and check whether each of the columns is same as the others Gantt.
If there is the difference between your Gantt start and finish date fields then, you can not get some value since it's saved in different fields.

See Editing the plan and baseline fields for more details.

If you still facing the problem, please let us know and we'll be happy to look into it. Ricksoft Support Desk

Best,

Jennifer,

Sanjay Bhandari September 19, 2018

Hello Jennifer

Thanks for your response. I am still having a problem, but I did learn something about it.

It turns out that it has something to do with how issue fields are shared between different GANTT-Charts. What I am experiencing is that, depending on how the GANTT-Chart is created, it may or may not share issue fields with other charts (refering to the same issues). So, the same issue can show up on 2 different charts, and have different values for the fields.

See details in this question on sharing of fields between GANTT-Charts.

Sanjay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events