Viewing Test Cases under Test Cycle

Lauren McGuire October 15, 2013

I am not able to see the test cases that I have added to a test cycle. The arrow points down to show that it is open, but no test cases are visible.

Any advice on how to make the test cases appear?

Thanks!

Lauren

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Hi Lauren,

I now understand why you are seeing the error you are seeing. Currently Zephyr for JIRA 1.7.3 and Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 (being released very soon) are not compatible with JIRA 6.1. Due to their incompatibilities there are odd discrepancies such as what you are seeing. We will be releasing Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 in a few weeks and that version will be compatible with JIRA 6.1.

Also, we have found a few bugs when using Chrome 30. We plan on fixing those soon so until 2.0 is released try using a different browser or Chrome 29 (if possible).

Kind Regards,

Emily

Scott Berges April 13, 2015

Hi Emily, this is a year and a half later and I am still experiencing the same issue as Emily described above. Occasionally the test cases do not display. Sometimes they do. It is inconsistent.

Joseph Yoder September 22, 2017

I am seeing the same issue, I don't think its a browser issue.

0 votes
Lauren McGuire October 16, 2013

Hi Emily,

1. Steps to recreate:

I created the tests using the "Tests" Dropdown and chose "Create a Test". I then clicked the "Tests" dropdown and chose "Plan Test Cycle".

Once that page opened, I clicked on the "Create new Test Cycle" button and created a new cycle.

I then clicked on the cog on the far right of the test cycle and clicked "Add Tests"

When the tests were adding, I received a large red error (a lot of it was cut off, so I could not add it here). It did, however, add some of the tests I had chosen.

When I was redirected back to the Test Cycle page, it shows that there are tests associated with my test cycle, but when you click on it, there are no test cases visible.

2) JIRA version 6.1. Zephyr for JIRA version 1.7.

3) I tried on IE 10 and Chrome 30.0.1599.69 m

Thanks!

Lauren

Thierry GERBEAU May 20, 2014

Hello,

Is this problem solve with Zephyr 2.2.1.22101482 ?

Thank you.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Hi Lauren,

Zephyr here. Can you please provide us some information to investigate?

1) Can you please provide us step by step of what actions you are taking form start to finish? Starting from when you create the test case to how you add it to the cycle?

2) What version of Zephyr for JIRA are you using and what version of JIRA?

3) What Browser are you currently using? Also what version of that browser?

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events