Velocity template for an issue type

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi All,

many of my users requested a Word template especially for Change Request issues. In the single-word.vm template, how can differentiate between the issue types?

The template that my users need is attached.

Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

You will have to create a plugin with a new Search Request View for this: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Search+Request+View+Plugin+Module

The tricky part is to use this only when all the issues in the search results are change requests! Or maybe you can leave it to the user and use the this as a new viw that anyone can use.

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi Jobin,

there is no other way??

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Is there a script or if-condition which we could paste into the single-word.vm macro?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

You can possible modify the vm but it will be weird hack and my vote is for a plugin because upgrades becomes a lot painless in future.

Again, writing the view is easy but you might have search results which contains both change requests and something else. It is a design decission whether to separate them as 2 views or show them in any one predefined view. If all search results are change requests, you can certainly go for the new view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events