Values not getting copied from the Parent issue.

Jai Vijay April 27, 2020

I have a field named as "Organization" in my Parent ticket. In the linked issue I have a filed called "Client". I have created a rule to create a linked issue whenever a parent ticket is raised which is working fine. But when I tried to copy the value from the parent to linked issue all the other fields like summary, description, Priority are getting copied from the parent to linked issue. But it is not working for Client and Attachment. The Value from the Organization field is not getting copied to the Client filed in the Linked issue.  I have tried making the filed name identical but no luck. Tried creating a rule but no luck 

Could someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance

Automation Rule.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Hi Jai,

Try changing the Edit issue to copy from the Trigger issue instead of Current issue. 

Jai Vijay April 28, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for the response. I have tried by changing it to trigger issue, but no luck. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

What does the Audit log say when you run it? Can you share a screen shot?

Jai Vijay April 28, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Please find the below screenshot

Screenshot_2.png 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

So what value does it put in there?

Jai Vijay April 28, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

It just comes empty, it is not updating any value in it 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

Oh, you are trying to copy the value of the Organizations field to the Client field - correct? Sorry, I missed that. 

In the Edit for the Client field choose Set value. 

Then put this in the field:

{{triggerIssue.Organizations}}

Jai Vijay April 28, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for the response. But for some reason, it is still not working. I have added a few screenshots just in case if I am missing to convey something. Please have a look and help me with your thoughts 

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

Grrrr - That is frustrating. Is the Organization getting set when the JSD issue is created? Or later? I am running out of suggestions here. You will probably need to open a support ticket with Atlassian.  :-(

Jai Vijay April 28, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

The organization filed usually pick data from the Reporter domain name. But, since I am a support team person if I create it won't fetch any data so I am updating the organization field manually for test purposes, hence kept the rule trigger as "Value Change". And I really appreciate your patience and effort to help me resolve this issue. 

In addition to that , The Organization field in the service desk ticket is fetched by the reporter domain name. in the linked issue that reported name is changed to "Automation for Jira" since the linked issue creating is done by automation rule. Does that affect the client field from fetching data ?. this might not be a problem but just a thought 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

No, I don't think that last part should be a problem. 

The last thing I would try is to add the Client field to the JSD project (it can be hidden by not putting it on a screen). Then when the Organization field is update, copy that value to the Client field (that Automation component would come before the Linked Issues one). 

Then copy the Client field from the trigger issue to the child. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events