Vacation Manager set-up multiple level (supervisor) approval

Dennis Manacap November 6, 2018

Hi,

I am trying out Vacation Manager and would like to set-up multiple level (supervisor) approval. In project level there is "Team" set-up for Supervisor group but would like to have multiple supervisor in our workflow how can this be addressed.

Thanks,

Dennis

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tomasz Witkowski November 8, 2018

Hi Denis, I'm one of the developers of Vacation Manager.

Vacation Manager uses standard Jira project - and it is quite customizable. You can add additional fields, transitions, modify schemes etc., if you decide to do so, just remember to experiment with this in testing environment first!
Your use case looks interesting, but currently we are lacking of post-functions to fully implement solution for this case. 
However, when this will be available (in future version after upcoming v2.1.0), we will consider preparing a step-by-step guide with instructions how to customize it that way. 

Cheers,
Tomek.

Sergius Janik November 13, 2020

Dear Tomasz,

has there been an implementation of this yet? I'm using the vacation manager 2.3.2 and couldn't find multi-level supervision of vacation requests. Also couldn't find a tutorial in the documentation.

Any hints on that topic?

Marcin Wikarski November 13, 2020

Hi Sergius,
Here you find tutorial, how to edit workflow to add a second approver in Vacation Manager:
https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VMSD/pages/1166835713/How+to+add+2nd+approver

Sergius Janik November 13, 2020

Thanks a lot for the super quick answer! Was looking in the How-Tos...

This solves my question.

Speez August 22, 2021

Hello Tomasz Witkowski. Are you the same Tomasz that created the website FlipAnim? I would like to contact you. I apologize if you are busy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events