Using the SharePoint Search with SharePoint connector for Confluence?

Atlassian Newbie October 6, 2021

Good Morning,

I was wondering if it is possible to pull up information through the search bar on SharePoint to find information located on a Confluence Wiki that is embedded to SharePoint through the SharePoint connector for Confluence Plugin?

For example, I export a confluence wiki page to SharePoint with a keyword on the confluence wiki page, I then want to search for that keyword through SharePoint Search. Would it pull up the keyword? Would searching on SharePoint show information that is on the confluence imported content?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

Hello @Atlassian Newbie ,

welcome to the Atlassian community and thank you for your question.

Before we can go into more details I have the following questions:

1. Which version of Confluence are you using (e.g. Server and version, Data Center and version, or Cloud)?
  2. Which version of SharePoint are you using (e.g. SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online)?
  3. Which one of our SharePoint connectors are you using or looking for, SharePoint Connector for Confluence, Legacy SharePoint Connector or the already archived Connector for SharePoint Search?

If you want to answer these questions directly to our support or if you have further questions or support requests you can also contact our support directly.

Kind regards,

Franz
Communardo Support

Atlassian Newbie October 7, 2021

1. confluence version 7.11.0

2. SharePoint Server 2019

3.SharePoint Connector for Confluence (newest)?

thanks again for your answer

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

Hello @Atlassian Newbie ,

thank you for your reply.

With our SharePoint Connector for Confluence you can embed SharePoint content (documents and lists) into Confluence and Confluence content (pages and blogs) into SharePoint. For more information please see our documentation. It would only be possible to search for key words of the embedded content within SharePoint if you add keywords above or below the embedded content.

To get a fully indexed search solution we recommend the Raytion Search Connectors. If you contact us through our support, we can pass on your contact details and background to the colleagues at Raytion. They will then contact you with a specific proposal. But you can also contact Raytion directly. Please refer to this reply when you contact them directly.

I hope this help.

I'm looking forward to a contact through our support if you have further questions or if we can connect you with our partner Raytion.

Best regards

Franz
Communardo Support

Like Claus Westerkamp likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events