Using the Confiform Rule macro to filter a date drop down

Erin Smith October 29, 2021

Hi Team (Alex),

I have a form that has a drop down list for users to choose a date (we aren't using the Date Picker field type for other reasons), and we are trying to limit the dates shown using the Rule (Apply Filter on a Field) "Date:<=[today]+14".

This formula works if the date format is M/d/yyyy (short date)

But we want the date format to be EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy (long date)

I'm sure there is a simple solution to make the Rule work with the long date format, but I'm drawing a blank.

As always, any help or guidance is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

Hi

Not sure ConfiForms understand the dropdown as the field "holding a date" and allows to user [today] and other shortcut date functions... 

I think you need to operate in timestamps, and convert the values from a drodpown to dates/timestamps

Consider the following example https://recordit.co/rkpfLgfAxk

Hope it helps

Team Alex :-)

Erin Smith October 29, 2021

Hi Alex,

Sadly this doesn't work.

I did leave out a crucial piece though. The dropdown is a smart dropdown referencing a date field with the format (EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy) (see below), so the data is recognized as dates.

The filter works when the date format is (M/d/yyyy), but doesn't work in our preferred date format. 

DatabaseField.jpgDateField.jpg

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

As you can see in the screencast - it works very well. Your case is completely different though 

The filter must be applied on Date3 field, not Date... as this is the field that contains the date. Date holds an ID to record, not a date

Alex

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2021

This is a screencast that demonstrates the same (and also use of [today] shortcut function) on filtering smart fields in ConfiForms

http://recordit.co/qNV7GKj9Np

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events