Using smart checkbox using a JQL query to limit options

Butch_Richards May 1, 2023

I am using a smart checkbox field but I want to limit the options based off of status in jira in confiforms is there a simple way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Butch_Richards 

Are you looking to reduce the number of choices provided by the ConfiForms smart field?

But help me to understand how the "status in Jira" is connected to this?

Alex

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  yes I want to only show them ones that are un assigned in doing this they  can select from the ones that need to be reviewed and not having the options cluttered by things that have already been reviewed 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Not sure I get it, sorry... How does ConfiForms know about Jira... do you a Jira field in your form?

I do I pull in the Jira Key on the form during creation.

Also the form itself creates the jira ticket. First though wat to bring that field in as well the issue there is I would not know how to update the form data with the updated status when you lunch the page.  I was going to filter from there if I could get the filter to work and bring back the current status.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2023

I suggest to look into https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Field+Definition+Rules#ConfiFormsFieldDefinitionRules-ApplyFilteronafield

And set up the rule (or rules) to filter out options that you dont need based on the matching condition (you can access Jira field properties/fields and their values in ConfiForms filters)

thank you for your time I will check it out

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2023

It may be easier if your form that serves the options for the smart field has more fields that can be used for filtering.

You know, like grouping the options. See the following demo: http://recordit.co/m7TwIYJh6i

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events