It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using "Copy custom field values" Builtin Script Runner for copying Fix/Affects Versions values

Jeehoon Song Nov 07, 2014

I created a custom field called "Reported Versions," which will replace "Affects Version/s" field in all my projects. I am researching for the most efficient ways to copy the values of "Affects Version/s" to "Reported Versions" in a bulk, and it looks like Script Runner is the way to go. I was delighted to find a builtin script for this feature, but it doesn't work as I hoped because "Affects Version/s" is not a custom field. How should I go about resolving this issue? 

At the moment, my workaround is to utilize the post-function that will copy one field value to the other (Fix/Affects Version works for this) and mass transition all issues and back. This seems like a more tedious way (mainly because I have to transition issues back), so a solution using a Script Runner will be very appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA Nov 08, 2014

You'd have to write your own or extend the one that's shipped.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Join our webinar: “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian & Riada

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Jira Service Desk team. On June 19th, I’ll be hosting a webinar “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian Partne...

141 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you