Using '+' button generates email notification when 'Issue Created' automation occurs.

David Anthony January 28, 2020

Hi,

When creating an issue using the '+' button, I get a bunch of email notifications stating that several fields (impact, urgency and priority) have been updated.  The fields were updated due to an automation I've set up (using built-in automation) to populate these fields when an issue has been created.  Is their anyway to stop these email notifications from being sent for this automation?

Also, when I use the 'Raise a request' button, I do not receive these email notifications and the automation runs fine.

Not sure what's going on.

Thanks!

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When creating the issue through Jira using the + button, you are creating as an internal user, so you will receive all system notifications. 

When raising a request in the customer portal, you will be treated as a customer, so you won't receive system notification, but customer notifications.

With that said, you are receiving different notifications because using + button you are considered an internal user and in the customer portal, even being a licensed user or an admin, Jira will recognize you as a customer.

To disable notifications, you must edit the Notification scheme by accessing Project settings > Notifications.

On this page, you can see what groups are receiving the notifications you can add and remove groups, roles, single users and many other options.

• Note that, some notification schemes are shared between projects and editing it on a project may affect other users.

You can also disable notification only for you by clicking on your Profile picture > Settings > Email notification preference.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events