• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Temo cloud REST API call to build Worklog reports

Hi, 

I'm using Jira and Tempo cloud to track time spent spent across different projects. Unfortunately, out of the box Tempo reporting is limited and I can't break the data by a custom fields.

One of the options I had in mind is using API calls to pull the data from Tempo to Excel. The problem with this approach is that it shows limited set of attributes (e.g data, author, key, etc) and I'm looking to show the time entries and aggregate it by Project -> epic ->sub category (custom field). 

I've tried using export, it's not really an option and I'm trying to avoid 3rd party add-ons like eazyBI.

Is there a way using API calls to get time entries and issue attributes to create the view I described above?

TYIA!

1 answer

Hi @Elle B ,

the Tempo REST APIs only return Tempo worklog data and the related Issue key but not any associated Jira issue data. You  would need to do that in seperate tool and combine the data together. That´s why EazyBI is always a good option where you can more advanced reporting.

BR

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

92 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you