Using Scriptrunner for copying “Date of First Transition” to Big Pictures’s “Start date”

Caio Camargo August 26, 2020

Hello, 

I created one script field with “Date of First Transition” to retrieve the date when the issue was set “In Progress”. Now I want the custom field “Start date” (from BigPicture add-on) to show this value (instead of the date when the issue was created) and if I use BigPicture’s functionalities, it should overwrite “Start Date” without any problem.

I would be very thankful if anyone helped in pointing me to the right direction on how this could be done.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Caio

2 answers

0 votes
Caio Camargo August 27, 2020

Forgot to mention, I am using version 7.11.21 of the add-on BigPicture,

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2020

Hello Caio

I'd try mapping your 'Date of First transition' field to the 'Start date field', as pictured. You'll find that view in Jira administration > Manage apps > BigPicture > Technical configuration.

Not exactly what you described, but:

- until BigPicture 7 (current version) there is no such thing as BigPicture fields. Notice the '(...) used by SoftwarePlant plugins' descriptions in the combo box. These are in fact Jira custom fields. And so, I'd also try mapping them not even touching BigPicture configuration, perhaps in Jira administration, which unfortunately I'm not familiar with.

- only in BigPicture 8, to debut shortly, native BigPicture fields will be finally available, and that could change where you're at.

mapping-fields.png

Caio Camargo August 27, 2020

Hello Marcin,

If I understood you correctly, then I should be able to map the fields accordingly through the configuration mask you pictured. But I don’t see how to do this for the custom field I created “Date of First transition”, or am I missing something?

Thank you once again for your kind assistance.

Best regards,

Caio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events