Using Automation to Create Tickets Across Multiple Projects

Michael McGory May 27, 2021

Hello Everyone,

I would like to use automation to create tickets across multiple projects.  The problem I am running into is that I want to use a manual trigger, but I don't want it to be triggered from an existing issue.  The trigger is dependent on an outside event that cannot be forecasted or schedule.  I was hoping to just click a button and have the tickets across multiple projects created.  I know it is easy to manually trigger ticket creation within a single project, but I am looking for the same functionality across multiple projects without manually triggering the event from an issue.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ioana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi Michael,

You could try to create a Scheduled rule. Add any schedule that you want and keep the rule disabled when you don't need it. Once published a "Run" button will be displayed on the top right corner on the rule page. You can use that button to trigger the automation rule instead of waiting for the scheduled time.

Regards,

Ioana

Michael McGory May 27, 2021

Thanks!  I like the sound of this work-around.  I'm going to try it out.  I'll update how it goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events