User Picker From Project Role plugin error

Tarr February 18, 2013

I use the User Picker From Project Role plugin. This plugin occurs some trouble.

[Trouble]

1. I create the custom field "test" as "User Picker From Project".

2. I add our custom field configuration it.

3. I browse the configure page about "test" .

4. I click the "Edit Selected role" link.

5. Displaying Error.

I think I need to edit selected role to use this plugin but I can't do it. Additionaly, I have error on "Create Issue" page because I have not setting about selected role. If you know workaround this error, tell me it.

I attached the screen shots and error log. Please, check it.

(error.txt)

3 answers

0 votes
Elke Perner May 22, 2013

Have you solved this problem ? I have the same problem on our jira and we also don't have a username null in the database.

BR Elke

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Seems to be failing to find the field config scheme in the database. I've never seen this one before...

Can you try it again, maybe in a different instance? Perhaps there is something else wrong with this instance.

Tarr March 3, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your comment. I tried to another instance but I couldn't find NULL username user. I use Crowd database as JIRA user directory.

mysql> select count(*) from cwd_user where user_name is NULL;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|        0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from cwd_user where user_name = "takahiro.tokunaga";
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|        1 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Please, check this. There is my account "takahiro.tokunaga" in this table but I couldn't find NULL username user.

If I made mistake, tell me about it.

Thanks,

Tarr

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

I don't think you should have user with username null... can you delete that one from the db?

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

You have some users with null usernames in the database?

Check this!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/NullPointerException+when+Selecting+the+User+from+the+User+Picker

Hope it helps!

Tarr February 19, 2013

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your advice. I tried to find who has NULL in username but there is nobody.

mysql> select count(*) from cwd_user where user_name is NULL;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|        0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

The reason why there are different from my command and your refference page is that JIRA database table had changed from JIRA 4.3.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/JIRA+4.3+Upgrade+Guide#JIRA43UpgradeGuide-Databasetableshavechanged

Thanks,

Tarr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events