It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use values from DB as Jira SLA Goals

Is there a way to get intervals stored in a postgres database be the value for the GOAL in Jira Service Desk SLA.

Example..

We have a list of services in a database, and they each have their own "Time to Assign" values. 

Is there a way to plug that value in to the SLA config of that Service Desk Projects.

i.e. 

under SLAs in SD, "Time to First Response":

JQL: issuetype = Incident AND Service = A

Goal: "SELECT timetoassign from service where id = 1;" (the SQL used to get TTA from the Service DB)

We have Jira Software and Service Desk running on a in-house server. 

1 answer

Hi @Jamie Williams ,

With a bit of scripting, I believe this is achievable with Time to SLA's Dynamic Duration feature. Basically, what I'm suggesting is that extracting those values from the database and setting the dynamic duration field accordingly with a script. How are these timetoassign values translate to Jira? Is there a custom field or these values are in a different database?dynamic duration issue view.pngdynamic du.png

The script that I'm talking about can be a modified version of this: Link 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Announcing the winners of Codegeist 2020

Hey team! We brought back Codegeist in a big way this year, and today, we’re thrilled to announce the winners. 🎉 Thank you to everyone who participated in Codegeist 2020. This year, we go...

247 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you