Use Insight Custom field and attribute in JIRA Automation and SLA feature

Matthias Vercruysse March 27, 2020

Hi everyone,

Our company is actually testing the Insight Asset management plugin before purchasing it. We are also in the process of perhaps move from JIRA Server to JIRA Cloud.

Here is a use case we would like to adress

The configuration :

• ObjectType = Computer, with Objects Computer1, Computer2
  • ObjectType = Contract, with Objects Contract1 , Contract2
  • Contract has attribute to reference the Computer
  • Computer1 is then linked to Contract1
  • Computer2 is then linked to Contract2
  • Insight Custom field (CF1) is added to the issue ObjectType = Computer

In the JIRA Service Desk, the customer can select in the CF1 the value Computer1 or Computer2

I would like then to use Insight Concepts in the JIRA Automation and in the SLA feature. The issue is then to map IQL and JQL. I'm not sure that it's possible.

Here is an example of the automation needed :

When the issue is created,

- if the attribute of the Object selected in the CF1 is Contract 1 then the priority is raised to High

- if the attribute of the Object selected in the CF1 is Contract 2 then the priority is raised to Medium

Same with the SLA feature,

-  if the attribute of the Object selected in the CF1 is Contract 1 then my SLA is 2 hours

-  if the attribute of the Object selected in the CF1 is Contract 2 then my SLA is 4 hours

Thanks for your help,

automation.pngsla.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthias Vercruysse April 7, 2020

Solved on JIRA server by using "customField in iqlFunction".

Any tips with JIRA Cloud?

Andrey Kolesnikov May 18, 2020

How solved, can you please advice?

Julian from AF June 23, 2020

Hello can you explain your solution please? I have some custom field of insight and i want get the value in Jira Automation, is it possible ?

1 vote
felix.weber June 23, 2020

see also https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Insight-Referenced-Custom-Field-for-JSD-cloud-Insight-Cloud/qaq-p/1388358?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_answer&utm_content=topic

it is a similar case:

My workaround was to use post-functions.

However there is also a comment from Eddi which I couldn´t test yet.

hope this helps

I'm not sure i can do it in my case : 

I configure a mail who will be send to the approver with differents fields from Insight. This mail is send by Jira Automation, i just need to write the content of Insight field to this mail. 

I'm not sure to understand how work with the post function in this case to get back the value i want. 

tried the command Issue.fields."Ressource(s)" and i have the number of this object in insight : (AF-173612)
I imagine i can get the value i want using a specific switch ?

felix.weber July 26, 2020

Hi @Julian from AF  have a look at see link to my similar question in earlier responses above maybe the last response helps you - I haven´t found time yet to test it 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events