Updating a custom field, triggered by event

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

Hey

I'm developing a custom fidls, where value changes is pased on events.
When ever a issue is changed the field might have to be updated, if some fields are changed.

I have already created the custom field, but im having trouble adding a eventlistner to it.

Or shall the event lister be a plugin module of its own?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2012

Yes, you should write a listener if you want to catch and act on events.

The listeners I've written have all been done in plugins (one as part of a bigger piece where the plugin provided some stuff that the listener used - no point in doing them separately)

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

Ok.

But you make a seperat module, including the listner?
Or do you implement it as a inner class?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2012

Yes, you should write a listener if you want to catch and act on events.

The listeners I've written have all been done in plugins (one as part of a bigger piece where the plugin provided some stuff that the listener used - no point in doing them separately)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events